IGNOU PHD Admission for July 2020 session has started. Students who want to pursue PHD from Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) can apply online for the IGNOU PHD Course. National Testing Agency NTA is conducting the entrance examination for IGNOU PHD Entrance Examination for IGNOU PHD Admission 2020. NTA is handling all the activity related to IGNOU PHD Entrance i.e Filling of Application form, Conducting of Entrance Exam, Declaration of result etc. NTA is accepting the application form for Entrance exam since 28th February 2020. Scroll down to check all the procedures to IGNOU PHD Admission and how to apply for PHD Entrance Exam.
Note:- IGNOU PHD Entrance Exam form Submission date extended to 30 June 2020 due to Covid-19 Lockdown.
IGNOU PHD Admission Full Procedure
Step 1:- You need to apply for IGNOU PHD Entrance Examination from the IGNOU NTA website (Procedures are given in this page scroll down)
Step 2:- You need to appear for the entrance examination.
Step 3:- You need to secure 50% Marks in the Entrance Examination & for SC/ST/OBC they need to secure 45% marks.
Step 4:- After declaration of result You will be called for interview depended on merit list.
Step 5:- After the selection from interview offer letters for Admission will be sent to the selected candidates.
To check all details about IGNOU PHD Admission, Courses, and Syllabus Download the prospectus from following link
Eligiblity Criteria for IGNOU PHD Admission
The eligibility criteria for admission to Ph.D programme are as follows:
- Master’s Degree from a University recognized by UGC in the relevant discipline with atleast 55% marks [50%marks in the case of SC,ST and OBC(Non-creamy Layer)/Differently-Abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of UGC from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master’s Degree prior to19th September,1991] excluding grace marks.
Also Check:- IGNOU Research Fellowship
IGNOU PHD Entrance examination details
- IGNOU PHD Entrance Test Syllabus will be as per the ‘UGC (Minimum Standards and Procedures for Award of MPhil / PhD Degrees) Regulations, 2016 consisting of 50% of Research methodology and 50% subject specific.
- Question Paper of Entrance test will consist of 100 questions consisting of 50% on research
methodology and 50% on specific subject.
- All questions will be Multiple Choice Questions i.e MCQ.
- There will be no negative Marking.
- The Entrance Test will have a 70% weightage and 30% weightage shall be given to the interview/viva for IGNOU PHD Admssion merit list.
Important dates for IGNOU PHD Entrance Exam
|Application Start Date||28th Feb 2020|
|Last Date to Apply||30th June 2020|
|Declaration of Result||N/A|
IGNOU PHD Entrance Examination Application Fees
|General, OBC category||RS 1000/-|
|SC, ST, EWS||RS 800/-|
How to Apply for IGNOU PHD Admission Entrance Exam?
IGNOU in partnership with NTA has already started accepting the IGNOU PHD Entrance exam application online on NTA’s official website. The application mode is completely online. Before applying, You should check all the procedures and direct link to apply given below.
How to apply for IGNOU PHD Entrance Exam online?
- Visit the official website of IGNOU NTA to apply online for IGNOU PHD Entrance Exam 2020 from the link given below
- Click on the “Application form for IGNOU PHD-2020”
A new window will appear and new registration and sign in option will be shown.
- Click on the “New Registration” Button
A new window will open with instructions and Procedures.
- Read the instruction and tick the checkbox of declaration
- Click on “Click Here to Proceed” Button.
Your Registration form will appear
- Fill the complete form and Click on Submit Button
Fill your details including your Mobile number, Email, strong Password etc.
- You will get verification OTP and Application number on your registered Mobile Number
- After Verifying the OTP Go to the Login Page and Login with your Credentials received
- After Login Upload your Photograph and Signature.
Photograph Size should be between 10 to 200 KB and Signature size should be between 4 KB to 30 KB
- Pay your Examination Fees.
You can pay the fees online via Credit/Debit Card and Net banking
- Take a printout of the confirmation Page for the future reference.
FAQs related to IGNOU PHD Admission 2020
Q1. What is the Fees for IGNOU PHD Entrance Exam Application?
Ans:- Fees for IGNOU PHD Entrance exam is RS 1000 for General & OBC, And for SC-ST & EWS it is 800.
Q2. What is the eligibility criteria for IGNOU PHD Admission?
Ans:- Master’s Degree from a University recognized by UGC in the relevant discipline with atleast 55% marks [50%marks in the case of SC,ST and OBC(Non-creamy Layer)/Differently-Abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of UGC from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master’s Degree prior to 19th September,1991] excluding grace marks.
Q3. What is the last date to apply for IGNOU PHD Entrance Exam 2020?
Ans:- The last date to apply for IGNOU PHD Entrance exam is 30th June 2020.
Q4. Is there negative marking in PHD Entrance Exam?
Ans:- No, There isn’t any negative marking.
Also Check:- IGNOU B.Ed Admission 2020 all details
Important IGNOU Mostly Asked Questions
Thanking you for reading our post and supporting our site – IGNOU News. We promise that we will make available more updates in our latest post in the regular basis.