IGNOU has released a notification regarding fee exemption and scholarships of SC/ST category Students on 13th November 2019. Ignou is providing scholarships to SC/ST category students with the help of central government. Students who are looking for fee exemption and scholarships must check this new notification for exemption of Fee for SC/ST. Ignou has brought back scholarships again after continuous demand of students.
With reference to the scheme of Fee exemption to SC/ST students of IGNOU under SCSP/TSP Grant, The benefits of fee exemption is extended to students belonging to SC/ST categories seeking fresh admissions in january 2020.
Key Points of Notification number 21 for Fee Exemption/Reimbursement.
- The benefits of schemes is only for academic programmes given in annexure-1.
- Students of certificate/diploma programmes are not eligible for fee exemption.
- SC/ST applicants who are eligible need to fill form online with softcopy of documents required for the claim.
- The Scheme is not available for SC/ST students who are employed.
- Students who were eligible for exemption in earlier admission cycles are also eligible but need to re-register.
- Students who are taking scholarship or exemption from other sources are also not eligible.
FAQs related to IGNOU Scholarship Form
Q1. What is the eligibility criteria for IGNOU scholarship?
For getting scholarship IGNOU has created some eligibility criteria for it which are available on official website of IGNOU. So, students before apply for IGNOU scholarship you should know the eligibility criteria of it.
- The scholarship is only available for PG students of 1st
- It is also for students who has taken full time master degree course in IGNOU.
- The students who comes from category of SC, OC or ST they can also apply for it.
- The yearly income of parents should be less than Rs. 3 Lakhs.
Q2. What is the method for applying in Scholarship of IGNOU?
The understudies the individuals who need to get grant from IGNOU University should fill the grant application structure from the official site of IGNOU. The understudies can undoubtedly fill and present the application structure with no troublesome. Students should have to follow below steps which will help them to apply for scholarship easily.
- First of all you have to visit official website of IGNOU and has to login there.
- Online Apply Link will be available once Registrations will open.
- Now, instruction related to Scholarship will be shown to you. You have to read it carefully before applying.
- After reading instructions click on “IGNOU Scholarship application form” link.
- Form will be appear in front of you. http://ignou.ac.in/userfiles/Registration%20and%20Declarartion%20form%2025febnew(1).pdf
- Now, you have to fill this form and has to upload all documents and photos through scanner.
- After that just click on submit button and the application form will provide to you in PDF form by IGNOU.
- You can take the hard copy of that application form for future need.
Q3. Is there any scholarship for 2nd year students?
Now, it is not for them. The scholarship is only for 1st year students who has taken admission in Post graduation.
IGNOU Important Information
Thanking you for visiting our site – IGNOU News and reading our post. We assure that we will update our site with more fine points in a little while.