If you are looking for information on How to change course in IGNOU form then you are at the right place. Here we have a solution for all your problems related to the ignou. I understand that anyone can make a small mistake while filling up an exam form. Thus, here we are going to cover details of how you can make a change in the Course or Medium in IGNOU form. Also, all such changes are permitted only within 30 days of the receiving of your study material for the course.
How to Change IGNOU Course/ Subject
Yes, it is very possible to change a course but there are certain limitations.
- Change of programme from B.A. to B.Com./BTS/BSW or vice-versa or B.Com to B.A./BTS/BSW or vice-versa or B.Sc. to B.A./B.Com/BTS/BSW is permitted only in the first year of study within 30 days from the receipt of first set of course material on payment of Rs.500/- plus Rs.300/ – per 2/4 credits course and Rs.600/- per 6/8 credit course.
- To change course from B.A./BCom to BTS/BSW the candidate will require to pay the difference of the fees along with rupees 500.
- Also, you cannot change from BA/BCom/BTS/BSW to a BSc Course
- Now if you are a master student and you want to change your course you have to pay a complete program. your program fee will not be refunded or adjusted.
- if you are willing to change the program you will have to apply to the Regional Director of concerned Regional Centre
- Also, the extra payment for any change in the course will have to be done through a demand Draft in favour of IGNOU.
How to change IGNOU Subject Form?
Now if you want to change a subject or an elective you will have to inform within 30 days from the receipt of the first set of IGNOU material. Again you have to pay the difference along with extra fees. The extra fees for the undergrad course are 700 rupees for 6 or 8 credit courses. You will have to pay rupees 300 for two or four-credit courses. The charges are high and different for masters degree courses. The change in Master degree courses costs rupees 1200 for 6 or 8 credit courses and Rs. 350 along with Rs. 600 for 2 or 4 credit courses.
How to change IGNOU Course Medium?
Change of Medium is permitted within 30 days from the receipt of first set of course material in the first year ONLY, on payment of Rs.300/- plus Rs.300/- per 2/4 credit course and Rs.600/- per 6/8 credit course for undergraduate courses. For Master’s Degree Programme it is Rs.300/- plus Rs.500/- per 2/4 credit course and Rs.1000/- per 6/8 credit course. Payment should be made by way of a Demand Draft drawn in favour of “IGNOU” payable at the place of concerned Regional Centre. All such requests for change of Medium should be addressed to the concerned Regional Centre only, as per schedule.
To know more about how to change IGNOU Course Medium Visit IGNOU Site.
So, I hope u got all the relevant information which are essential to change the Ignou course medium.
How to Change IGNOU Course/Elective?
FAQs related to Change Course in IGNOU
Q1. Is it possible to change the course in IGNOU after taking admission?
Once you have taken Admission in IGNOU and after that if you want to change the course which you are studying because of any reasons. There is some time limit for changing course and you have to pay some amount for that.
Q2. Can we change our IGNOU exam center in 2nd year of course?
First of all, you have to visit regional center and after that has to write an application for changing the exam center. You have to do this 2 months before the examinations.
Important IGNOU Topics
Visit the page regularly to check all the updates related to the ignou.