If you want to change your IGNOU Course/Subject then this article How to change course in IGNOU is going to help you 100% for sure. Anyone can make a small mistake while filling up the Admission form or, after taking admission a student realizes that this course is not suiting him and he/she want to change course in IGNOU. Thus, here we are going to cover details of how you can make a change in the Course or Medium in IGNOU form. Also, all such changes are permitted only within 30 days of the receiving of your study material for the course.
How to Change IGNOU Course/ Subject
Yes, it is very possible to change a course but there are certain limitations.
- Change of programme from B.A. to B.Com./BTS/BSW or vice-versa or B.Com to B.A./BTS/BSW or vice-versa or B.Sc. to B.A./B.Com/BTS/BSW is permitted only in the first year of study within 30 days from the receipt of first set of course material on payment of Rs.500/- plus Rs.300/ – per 2/4 credits course and Rs.600/- per 6/8 credit course.
- To change course from B.A./BCom to BTS/BSW the candidate will require to pay the difference of the fees along with rupees 500.
- Also, you cannot change from BA/BCom/BTS/BSW to a BSc Course
- Now if you are a master student and you want to change your course you have to pay a complete program. your program fee will not be refunded or adjusted.
- if you are willing to change the program you will have to apply to the Regional Director of concerned Regional Centre
- Also, the extra payment for any change in the course will have to be done through a demand Draft in favour of IGNOU.
How to change IGNOU Subject Form?
Now if you want to change a subject or an elective you will have to inform within 30 days from the receipt of the first set of IGNOU material. Again you have to pay the difference along with extra fees. The extra fees for the undergrad course are 700 rupees for 6 or 8 credit courses. You will have to pay rupees 300 for two or four-credit courses. The charges are high and different for masters degree courses. The change in Master degree courses costs rupees 1200 for 6 or 8 credit courses and Rs. 350 along with Rs. 600 for 2 or 4 credit courses.
How to change IGNOU Course Medium?
In IGNOU, Change of Medium of your Programme is only permitted within 30 days from the receipt of first set of course material and in the first year of your study ONLY, on payment of Rs.300/- plus Rs.300/- per 2/4 credit course and Rs.600/- per 6/8 credit course for undergraduate courses. For Master’s Degree Programme it is Rs.300/- plus Rs.500/- per 2/4 credit course and Rs.1000/- per 6/8 credit course. Payment should be made by way of a Demand Draft drawn in favour of “IGNOU” payable at the place of concerned Regional Centre. All such requests for change of Medium should be addressed to the concerned Regional Centre only, as per schedule.
To know more about how to change IGNOU Course Medium Visit IGNOU Site.
Also Check:- How to get IGNOU Original Mark Sheet and Degree
How to Change IGNOU Course/Elective?
Change in Elective/Course is permitted within 30 days from the receipt of first set of course material on payment of Rs.300/- for a 2/4 credit course or part thereof, Rs.600/- for a 6/8 credit course for undergraduate courses. For Master’s Degree Programme, it is Rs.500/- for 2/4 credits and Rs.1000/- for 6/8 credits course. Payment should be made by way of a Demand Draft drawn in favour of “IGNOU” payable at the place of concerned Regional Centre. All such requests for change of Elective/ Course should be addressed to the concerned Regional Centre only as per schedule.
FAQs related to Change Course in IGNOU
Once you have taken Admission in IGNOU and after that if you want to change the course which you are studying because of any reasons. There is some time limit for changing course and you have to pay some amount for that.
First of all, you have to visit regional center and after that has to write an application for changing the exam center. You have to do this 2 months before the examinations.
Yes You can but read T&C first.
Important IGNOU Topics
Visit the page regularly to check all the updates related to the ignou.